- The cubicle did not get it’s name from its “cube” shape, (a cube has six sides). It is from the Latin “cubiculum” meaning bed chamber.
- Harvard research from 2003 revealed that mothers pregnant with male babies tend to eat more than those carrying females.
- Google, the Internet search company founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, got its name from the word Googol, which represents number 1 followed with hundred zeros after it.
- Human arms have 32 bones each, while human legs only have 30.
- The creator of the iPod first shopped his idea (without success) to Philips and RealNetworks before Apple agreed to market the device.
- Although estimates vary, humans blink their eyes around five million times each year.
- World War I ended at precisely eleven o’clock on the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the year 1918.
- Babies have more bones in their bodies than adults. As the babies grow older, some bones eventually fuse together (like in the skull), resulting in fewer bones as an adult.
- An infant human has about 300 bones, some of which fuse together as the youngster grows up. An adult human’s body typically contains 206 bones.
Taken from here